Family dinner is the best time to share, talk, strengthen the bond with your children and teach them healthy eating habits. However, organising varied, tasty and fun dinners for the whole family is not always easy. Even more so, if we want to make homemade and nutritious dinners every day.
To make it easier for you, we’ve brought you some quick and easy healthy recipe ideas. In addition, we’ll show you how to make a quiet, relaxed and fun family dinner for everyone. Let’s go!
How do you make a family dinner?
Dining with your family is a pleasure, because it gives you the opportunity to spend quality time with the people you love. Also, because of the benefits it generates in a child if we establish it as a habit.
However, not everyone gives it the value it deserves and lets dinner go by for a variety of reasons. That’s why we’ve prepared some very practical tips to help you get organized for a family dinner. Take note!
Choose your menu from all of them
The best way to avoid excuses like “I don’t like it” or “I don’t feel like it” is for everyone to agree on the menu. To do this, take a day of the week to meet and propose different dishes for dinner. In this way, you can negotiate a healthy, balanced and enjoyable menu for everyone.
Let the children participate
Cooking with the little ones can be a lot of fun and the perfect opportunity for them to start acquiring new knowledge. While they have fun kneading, peeling, stirring or combining ingredients. Also, you can ask them the names of the fruits or vegetables or where they come from, among others.
Together set the table
A family dinner is much more pleasant and entertaining when everyone collaborates to make it possible. Therefore, it is important that everyone participates when setting and clearing the table.
For a family dinner it is best to use reusable and biodegradable plates, glasses and cutlery. Mainly, because they are healthy and environmentally friendly organic products. Remember that it is never too early to teach our children to live a more sustainable and healthy life.
For a quiet dinner, move out!
Family dinners are not only made with the aim of eating the dish that everyone has chosen. Also, to relax and enjoy the time with the family, to talk, to remember anecdotes or to ask about the experiences of the day by day. For this reason, it is necessary to remove the mobile phones from the table and if possible turn off the television so that the noise does not spoil communication.
Don’t worry about formalities
In a family dinner all the members should feel comfortable and relaxed, and what better than being in pajamas.
Leave the porcelain dishes for another time and use disposable and reusable plates, glasses and cutlery, paper napkins, etc. Healthy and ecological kitchen utensils are much more comfortable to use, but just as resistant as any other.
Family dinner ideas
Family dinners are the perfect time to share, talk, connect with your children and teach them healthy eating habits. However, organising varied, tasty and fun dinners for the whole family is not always easy. Even more so if you are looking to make homemade, nutritious dinners every day.
To make it easier for you, we bring you some ideas for healthy, quick and easy recipes. Besides, we teach you how to make a quiet, relaxed and fun family dinner for everyone, so don’t stop reading. Let’s get started!
The best ideas in recipes for a family dinner
Here are some quick and easy family dinner ideas. From vegetarian recipes, to chicken, eggs and even fish for the whole family to enjoy.
Recipes with vegetables
Vegetarian dinners can also be very rich and fun. If your kids still can’t get used to eating vegetables, I suggest you start with some appetizers.
- Vegetarian Meatballs: These are ideal to start including vegetables in your children’s diet. They are very easy to prepare and the result is a success, even the youngest will want to try them.
- Cauliflower ceviche: It’s a very original and tasty way to put cauliflower on the table. With a little bit of avocado and toasted corn you will get a dish that everyone will love.
- Vegetable Lasagna: This recipe is very versatile, you can add any kind of filling and it will not fail.
Recipes with chicken
These recipes with chicken are very simple to cook and can be ready in a few minutes.
- Breaded chicken fillets: The trick to keeping this recipe juicy is to accompany it with a salad, sauces or baked vegetables.
- Chicken and ham rolls: These rolls have a lot of variety, you can prepare them with any type of ham and they are always recommended. Also, you can add slices of cheese and you will have your dinner sorted out in a few minutes.
- Baked Chicken: This is a traditional recipe that should never be missing from every family’s table. The secret is to marinate the chicken days before so that it absorbs the maximum flavor and is delicious.
Recipes with eggs
The egg is a very healthy and nutritious food, so it cannot be missing from your family’s diet. Besides, there are many ways to prepare eggs very easily and quickly.
- Avocado stuffed with egg and bacon: Vegetables and egg combine perfectly in any dinner and this recipe proves it. To make it, you must fill the halves of the eggplants with egg, bacon and mozzarella, and it will be ready for the oven.
- Puff pastry with eggs and bacon: I assure you that you will surprise your children with this recipe. You only need to add egg, bacon, cheese, salt, pepper and after 10 minutes in the oven, you will have your dinner ready.
- Eggs stuffed with avocado: It is a delicious appetizer that will surprise the whole family. You only have to fill the halves of cooked egg white with avocado seasoned with lemon juice, garlic, cilander, salt and that’s it. A finger-lickin’ dinner.
Fish recipes can also be fun, original and very tasty.
- Tuna Burritos: They are a treat and very easy to make. You can add any ingredient you have in the fridge and a good homemade sauce and it will always look good.
- Salmon and Brie Pizza: Everyone likes pizza and this new recipe will be no exception. The best thing is, you can involve the whole family in its preparation to create unforgettable moments.
- Tuna burgers: If you haven’t tried them yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. This is a signature dish at every family dinner. Besides, you can accompany it with the same ingredients of a traditional burger.
Finally, family dinners are the perfect opportunity to share with your loved ones, so don’t let them pass you by.
If you are planning your next family dinner, I invite you to visit our Greenuso online store. We have everything you need to complement your family dinners.
You can buy ecological products such as reusable glasses, plates and cutlery and even ecological napkins and tablecloths. Remember that the disposable utensils and accessories are your best ally when it comes to organizing any family dinner.